- Gallo, F. Alberto.
- "Il `Ballare Lombardo' Circa 1435-1475." Studi Muscali 8
- "L'autobiographia Artistica Di Giovanni Ambrosio (Guglielmo Ebreo)
Da Pesaro." Studi Muscali 12 (1983): 189.
- Gallop, Rodney. "The Folk Music of Portugal, Parts 1 and 2."
Music and Letters 14 (1933): 222 and 343.
Ian Engle: Mentions dance tangentially; an interesting jump-off point
- Gingell, Jane. "Dances of 17th Century Spain." In Proceedings
of the Fourteenth annual conference of the Society of Dance History Scholars,
165-177. Riverside: Dance History Scholars, 1991.
- Glass, Judy and Ian Gatis. "What Did Prince Henry Do With His
Feet on Sunday 19 August 1604?" Early Music 14 (1986): 199.
Ian Engle: Answer? We don't know, but what lengths we go to to make
sure of this.
- Goldschmidt, Stephen (SCA pseud. Iulstan Sigewealding). "Heralds
in Love." The Letter of Dance, no. 10 (1991): 8- 14.
Justin du Coeur: A newly-invented English Country dance for 8. The
dance is fairly basic, save for interlaced hey, a rather intriguing variant.
Melody line is included.
- Greenebaum, David (SCA pseud. Bjalfi Thordharson). "Instructions
For "Dargason"." The Letter of Dance, no. 9 (1991): 1-7.
Justin du Coeur: A reconstruction of the dance from the first edition
of Playford; article is based on a
reconstruction by Dr. Ingrid Brainard, as modified by Dr. Patri Pugliese.
An arrangement of the music, by Marshall Barron, is included. A facsimile
of the original is included.
- Grove, Sir George, Eric Blom and Denis Stevens, eds.
5th ed. Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1964.
- Guillard, Yves. "Early Scottish Reel Setting Steps and the Influence
of the French Quadrille." Dance Studies 13 (1989): 9-109.
Lizbeth Langston: Contents:
Focus is on the eighteenth and early nineteenth century.
- Part I The Reel Setting Steps in Scotland before the introduction of the
- Part II The Reel Setting Steps in Scotland after the Introduction of the
- Gwynedd Morgant O Cantref Mawr (SCA pseud.). "Book Review: Arena's
"Rules For Dancing"." The Letter
of Dance, no. 13 (1992): 9-10.
Justin du Coeur: A brief look at a lesser-known primary source.
Main index |
Author index |
Subject index |